Dateline: Saturday 30 March 2019
Stopping the Expressway: A No Expressway Alliance conference
10.30am – 4pm
This first NEA conference is open to all those who oppose plans for the proposed Oxford-Cambridge Expressway.
This is being held at –
The John Paul II Centre,
Webb Court, Causeway,
Bicester, OX26 6AW
This event is open to all those who oppose plans for the proposed Oxford-Cambridge Expressway – but places are limited!
To reserve a place, please click here.
This conference is open to all organisations and people opposing the proposed Oxford-Cambridge Expressway.
- 10.30 Welcome
- 10.45 Stopping the Expressway – why we are here
- Paul Miner, Council for Protection of Rural England
- Sarah Foxcroft, No Expressway
- 11.20 The impacts of the Expressway
- Housing Richard Hardman, Oxfordshire CPRE
- Transport Chris Todd, Campaign for Better Transport
- Countryside BBOWT (tbc)
- Climate and Environment Oxford FoE
- 12.00 break
- 12.15 What are we going to do about this? – Workshops
- Challenging the process
- Effective communication
- Building the campaign and grass roots action
- 1.00 Next steps
- 1.20 Lunch and networking
- How do we do this?
- 2.00 Group discussion 1 – on the four ‘impacts’ discussed in the morning
- 2.50 Group discussion 2 – building the campaign
- 3.45 Next steps.
The conference is free (donations are requested).
Tea/coffee is provided, attendees should bring lunch.
Local organisations are encouraged to bring examples of posters, leaflets etc. from their own campaigning work.