Dateline: Monday 24 June 2019
Brill Memorial Hall, Monday 24th June 2019 at 19:30
Firstly, thank you and welcome to our new supporters, including the several parish councils who have signed up since we wrote to them in April; it is really encouraging to have you on board. Thanks also to those who have been taking action such as writing to their MP and to Highways England, and carrying out research for BEAG. To those who have been helping with our website, grateful thanks also. We know how busy everyone is, so the help and support we receive is truly appreciated.
So, on to the main business. Brill Parish Council is holding an important meeting on Monday June 24. There will be presentations by leaders of three local authorities, and there will be a question and answer session where you will get to have your say.
Brill Parish Meeting: The Oxford-Cambridge Arc and Expressway
Public event featuring leaders of Bucks County Council, Aylesbury Vale District Council and Cherwell District Council
- 19:30 Introduction Mark Dickinson, Chair, Brill Parish Council
- 19:40 Talks by local councillors
Cllr Martin Tett, Leader, Bucks County Council: The county council’s understanding and view of the Oxford-Cambridge Arc development and its role in the definition and planning of the route and the housing developments.
Cllr Angela Macpherson, Leader, Aylesbury Vale District Council. Aylesbury Vale District Council perspective including the alignment with the emerging local plan.
Cllr Cameron Branston, AVDC Grendon Underwood and Brill Ward. The Brill Ward view and involvement.
- 20:10 Cllr Barry Wood, Leader of Cherwell District Council and Chair of the Arc Leaders Group.
The economic case for investment in housing and the expressway across the. (The Arc Leaders Group represents local authority leaders and Chairs of the Local Enterprise Partnerships across the Arc)
- 20:25 David Rogers, Professor of Ecology (Retired), Department of Zoology, Oxford University. Local Environmental Concerns Thoughts on the route options within the preferred corridors and their potential impact on the local and national environment
- 20:40 Question and Answer Session Questions from the audience to the panel. Chaired by Mark Dickinson
- 21:10 Close
Looking forward to seeing you there.